How To Replace Your Air Compressor Pump
Replacing your air compressor pump is easy! Typically, there are only 4 bolts holding the pump to the frame.
- Remove the belt guard.
- Loosen the bolts on the electric motor, or gas engine so that you can loosen the belt.
- Remove the belt.
- Loosen the mounting bolts for your old air compressor pump.
- Remove the supply or transfer tube from the pump head.
- Take your replacement pump and set it on the tank, installing the mounting bolts, but don't tighten them yet.
- Replace the supply or transfer tube back into the pump head.
- Tighten the air compressor pump mounting bolts.
- Reinstall the belt over the flywheel and motor pulley.
- Slide the motor back so that there is 1/2" deflection in the center of the belt for proper belt tension.
- Tighten the mounting bolts on your motor.
- Install the air filter assembly on your new air compressor pump or reuse the old one.
- Reinstall the belt guard.
- Don't forget to add air compressor oil to your pump as they do NOT come with oil in the pump.